JALT Membership Information:
JALT is a professional organization dedicated to the improvement of language learning and teaching in Japan, a vehicle for the exchange of new ideas and techniques and a means of keeping abreast of new developments in a rapidly changing field. JALT, formed in 1976, has an international membership of over 4,000. There are currently 38 JALT chapters throughout Japan. It is the Japan affiliate of International TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) and a branch of IATEFL (International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language.
Hi! Welcome to the membership section of the JALT Ibaraki Chapter on the Web
Membership means you are sure to get the following benefits (pretty neat at 10,000 yen a year!):
* the monthly issue of The Language Teacher, packed with lots of teaching and learning ideas, information about meetings and conferences in Japan and overseas! Wow!
* the twice yearly JALT Journal, a more academically oriented language education publication! Wow!
* free entry to the teacher development meetings that we regularly organise in Tsukuba, Mito, Tsuchiura and Hitachi ! Wow!
* reduced rates at the annual international conference (the largest teachers' conference in Asia with 2000 people plus attending)! Wow!
And you also get free our quarterly chapter newsletter, A New Chapter in Your Life, packed with practical teaching tips, ideas and reflections, written by Ibaraki members especially for you! Wow!
Membership also offers you the chance to join:
* a local professional network in the Ibaraki chapter (Ibaraki is one of 39 geographically-based groups in Japan), and this year we've got a great programme for you to profit from! See our programme page!
* national professional networks through N-SIGs (National Special Interest Groups: there are 13 of them, such as Global Issues in Language Education, Junior High / Senior High, Teaching Children, and Computer Assisted Language Learning) ; each N-SIG publishes at least three newsletters a year, and they often organise regional mini-conferences too! See the links on the JALT homepage!
If you're interested in joining, or would just like to get more information, feel free to contact me by phone at home: 0298-64-8862
Best wishes and genki de,
JALT Ibaraki Chapter Membership Chair
The members of JALT Ibaraki Chapter are also members of the different special interest groups in JALT National, each with distinct activities and publications devoted to the following themes and areas of interest.
Computer Assisted Language Learning
College and University Educators
Japanese as a Second Languae
Jr./Sr. High School Teaching